Thomas Wilkinson was born in October 1775. He was the son of Southside residents John and Anna Marshall Wilkinson.
In October 1802, he was almost twenty-eight when he married Ann Hilton at the Albany Dutch church. Subsequently, the marriage produced a number of children.
In the years that followed, he acquired a number of lots along what became South Pearl Street in the South End of Albany.
By 1809, his houses and lots on Maiden Lane and Quay Street were valued on the third ward assessment roll. In 1810, his budding household was configured on the Albany census.
Beginning with the first edition in 1813, his grocery at 1 Maiden Lane (riverside) and later at 195 South Pearl Street were listed in the city directories.
Thomas Wilkinson appears to have passed on early in 1829. In March 1829, letters of administration were issued on his estate. In 1830, his widow was listed in the city directory as living on Schuyler Street.
The life of Thomas Wilkinson is CAP biography number
is derived chiefly from
and community-based resources
first posted: 6/20/09