Houses on the East side of Court Street in 1686 showing the south gate and stockade, the city hall, and the homes along the street running north to Mayor Pieter Schuyler’s house next to the Ruttenkill. These buildings are typical of Albany architecture during the period before the 1750s.
Adapted from Court Street - 1686, a pen-and-ink drawing by historical artist L. F. Tantillo for an exhibit commemorating the 300th anniversary of Albany's chartering as a city in 1986. Collection of Stefan Bielinski.
first posted: 9/26/00; last revised 11/30/01