Education :: Registration Prep Information
REGISTRATION PREP INFORMATION
- Please be sure to review all of the information presented in this Planning Packet prior to completing the online registration form.
- New York State Museum Registration Requirements:
Reservations are required for ALL groups
- Please reserve spaces for the maximum possible number of students and adults in your group. KEEP IN MIND THAT ALL STUDENTS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT CHAPERONE AT ALL TIMES. One adult must accompany each group of ten children.
- Review Course Descriptions and identify which are most approprite for your group.
- Consider three possible dates for your visit (in order of preference). Spaces are limited and are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Bringing Lunch? Note that lunch room space is limited. Reservations are required. Reserved seating is available Monday
through Friday from 11:00am to 1:00pm. A half hour slot will be assigned to your group according to the start of your scheduled tour. Lunches must be boxed to prevent them from being misplaced or lost.
- Coordinate Transportation (buses, carpools). Consider the number of cars and buses you will use to transport students.
- Identify any special needs your groups' members may need assistance with. Our ability to meet special needs requests will be confirmed at least two weeks before your visit.
- Complete any internal paperwork.
(field trip application, student permission
- Recruit chaperones.
- Prepare yourself. Review information about the Museum, its collections, and its current exhibits prior to your field trip.