NYSM Behavior Guidelines
Please review the following guidelines with your group, teachers and chaperones prior to your visit. Any groups not able to adhere to these guidelines will be asked to leave. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Code of Conduct
- One adult must accompany each group
of ten children (1:10).
- ALL STUDENTS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT CHAPERONE AT ALL TIMES.
- Be courteous to other visitors: use "inside voices" and share exhibit spaces with other groups and visitors.
- Safety is important: No running, smoking, yelling, or rough-housing.
- No food, drink, candy, or chewing gum. Dispose of all trash in trash receptacles.
- No abusive language or gestures.
- Groups failing to observe these guidelines will be asked to leave the museum.
Artifacts and Displays
Please help us protect and preserve the priceless objects in our collections. Do not touch the items on display, or use exhibit cases, walls or pedestals as writing surfaces.
Photography is allowed is most galleries, except where noted for special exhibits. Tripods and secondary lights may not be used.