There is no entry fee for Focus on Nature. Artists are welcome to submit up to two entries in any one subject and/or media. No more than a total of four entries from one artist will be considered.
The entry deadline for FON XIII, will be October 1, 2013 for the next show in 2014. Additional information will be posted soon.
Fernando Jorges Simões Correia
Cabrera's Vole Skull; Microtus cabrerae
Digital, 2002 (Coimbra, Portugal)
The Focus on Nature jury selects original works of natural science subjects (in whole or in part), excluding human anatomy and portraiture, that demonstrates:
- a high degree of technical skill
- scientific accuracy, including taxonomic definition
- aesthetic qualities, including composition
- a unique scientific and/or artistic viewpoint, techniques, medium, or format (organic depiction, schematics, diagrams, etc.) including traditional, mixed and multimedia, or computer-generated images
- a broad representation of artists
The jury is looking for original artworks. Scanned traditional techniques that have been significantly modified should be entered as mixed media. Printouts of traditional media (e.g., scanned image of a watercolor) without significant modification are not acceptable.