The call for Entries for Focus on Nature XIV will be announced soon. Please check back again soon.
Debra Barlett (Mount Dandenong, Australia)
Black Hellebore (Helleborus x hybridus)
Watercolor on paper, 2010
The Focus on Nature jury selects original works of natural and cultural history subjects (in whole or in part), excluding human anatomy and portraiture, that demonstrates:
- a high degree of technical skill
- scientific accuracy, including taxonomic definition
- aesthetic qualities, including composition
- a unique scientific and/or artistic viewpoint, techniques, medium, or format (organic depiction, schematics, diagrams, etc.) including traditional, mixed and multimedia, or computer-generated images
- a broad representation of artists
The jury is looking for original artworks. Scanned traditional techniques that have been significantly modified should be entered as mixed media. Printouts of traditional media (e.g., scanned image of a watercolor) without significant modification are not acceptable.