Because of the uniqueness of our collection and our facility, the Museum does not allow any activity or event that may result in damage or disturbance to the collection or facility. Events may not interfere with public use during business hours. All activities, events or entertainment at the Museum must be appropriate for the facility and be approved in advance by the Museum.
- Political fund raising events
- Events that, in the opinion of the Coordinator of the CEC facilities, may present a risk to the public, rental facility or exhibits, or may be, in the opinion of NYSED Management, an inappropriate use of the facility
- Fourth Floor Terrace A dramatic venue appropriate to almost any event, with an amazing view of the Empire State Plaza and Capitol Building.
- Clark Auditorium A full sized theater, seathing approximately 400. The theater has separate restrooms and easy access from the Empire State Plaza Concourse.
- Carole Huxley Theater A smaller, more intimate theater for approximately 200 people, adjacent to the Museumís West Corritor.
- Main Lobby Large, well lit open area suitable for approximately many guests.
- Student Center Provides separate restrooms, tables and chairs for a group meeting. Limited food service capability is also available.
- Computer Classroom on 7th floor 14 computers and an instructor workstation.
- Adirondack Hall Located near the iconic "Elk Pond" within the exhibit for the Adirondack Wilderness. Suitable for a small gathering of approximately many guests for hors d'oeuvres.
- Bird Hall Located adjacent to the Exhibition Hall and the Crossroads Gallery, suitable for a gathering of guests for hors d'oeuvres.
- Librarianís Room 7th floor Historic bookcases in an intimate setting, can seat up to 40 people.
- Museum Memberís Lounge A relaxed venue for a small meeting of up to 50 people.
- 11th floor Conference Room Intimate meeting space for up to 35 people.
- Meeting Rooms A and B Concourse-level meeting rooms for groups of up to 90.
Attn: Albert Gnidica
3rd floor, Cultural Education Center
Albany, NY 12230
email Albert Gnidica