CALL FOR PRESENTERS! for the 2019 GHHN Annual Conference
2019 GHHN Annual Conference
Tuesday, September 24, 2019
Bear Mountain Inn & Conference Center
Bear Mountain, NY
Experimenting With History: A Field Guide to Connecting Science and Your Heritage Organization
We are experimenting with history! Consider the 2019 GHHN Annual Conference as a field guide to find new ways to connect with science at your heritage organization.
The Annual Conference will once again feature the extremely popular "Follow the Speaker" conference format - designed to help sites engage at a more direct level with our presenters. (Psst..Didn't attend last year's Conference? Keep reading for an explanation of how this format works!) The Annual Conference is a full day of learning, conversation, networking with your peers, office hours opportunities with grant funding organizations as well as a lite breakfast, networking luncheon, full-day exhibit hall, the Awards for Excellence ceremony and poster session, and more!
This year, we are looking for presentations that address how you have successfully connected science with history at your site. We are especially interested to hear about:
· If you've injected a historic perspective into STEM programs at your site
· Analyzing how visitation at museums and historic sites can impact health and well-being
· Programming at your site that addresses mental health and wellness
· Exploring the many ways that science can help us understand our collections better through conservation, forensics, imaging technology, VR, augmented reality, 3-D printing, etc.
· Hands-on experiences
· Immersive experiences
· Public programming that increases community engagement
Presenters will receive a discounted registration rate of $45!
How the 'Follow The Speaker' Format Works:
The Conference is divided into three blocks of speakers - each presenter will present to ALL Conference attendees. Within each block, speakers will have 15 minutes to present (think Tedx talk!). At the conclusion of the block, all the speakers from that block go to a separate space where interested participants can come to sit and chat with presenters to ask their questions directly and engage in conversation for up to 45 minutes. The "follow the speaker" format allows for participants to choose if they'd like to hear more about your presentation, and fosters a deeper conversation.
· This format only allows for single-person presentations
· Presentations are 15 minutes to all conference attendees, followed by mandatory 'follow' sessions of 45 minutes
· A/V is available for the 15 minute presentation ONLY - if your presentation is accepted, you will need to supply GHHN with a copy of your presentation no later than September 18, 2019
· Discussion for all sessions should include successes, challenges, and/or lessons learned
Session Proposal Deadline is 5 PM on Friday, June 26, 2019!
For more information about the Conference, the Awards for Excellence nomination form and program, and information on exhibiting or sponsoring, please visit: www.greaterhudson.org/2019-annual-conference--awards-for-excellence.html