One of the many versions of a watercolor by James Eights as he remembered Albany around 1810. Painting in the collection of the Albany Institute of History and Art. Copy in the Graphics Archive of the Colonial Albany Project. This one does not include John W. Wendell in the doorway of his hatshop!
The intersection of Court and Hudson Streets in 1800 is shown on an adaptation of an engineer's map.
first posted: 4/5/04