This section of our website was created by a researcher who has retired. These pages are not maintained.
Water Ways West: The 1772 Map
Map Details: Extreme Enlargment
Detailed map segments are arranged east to west with 50%
overlapping coverage. Given the fine scale of these
enlargements, and lack of landmarks
on the original map,
modern place names are used to define the area of each map segment.
- From Albany west to Rotterdam.
- From Vischer Ferry west to Pattersonville.
- From Rotterdam west to Fonda.
- From Pattersonville west to Minden.
- From Fonda west to Little Falls.
- From Minden west to Ilion.
- From Little Falls west to Utica.
- From Ilion west to Whitesboro.
- From Utica west to Rome.
- From Whitesboro west to Sylvan Beach.
- From Rome west to Cleveland (Oneida Lake).
- From Sylvan Beach west to Constantia (Oneida Lake).
- From Cleveland (Oneida Lake) west to Caughdenoy.
- From Constantia (Oneida Lake) west to Three Rivers.
- From Caughdenoy west to lower Lake Ontario.
Top of Page