My research focuses on how and why ecology changes in mammals over time.
Typical questions studied in my lab include:
- How does climate change effect ecology?
- Does ecology change during development?
- Does immigration/dispersal of new species affect ecology?
- Does extinction/extirpation of species affect ecology?
Current Research Projects
- Ecological consequences of evolving morphology
- Saber-tooth development and diet
- Isotopes in C3sub-dominated ecosystems
- Migration and seasonal diets
- Quaternary climate change and ecology
My lab at the NYSM is a standard geochemistry wet lab capable of preparing samples to obtain 13C, 15N, and 18O, 87Sr/86Sr, 14C values from vertebrate tissues like bone, collagen and enamel, or plants.
The lab also has equipment to obtain data for morphometric and bioinformatics studies.