Visit Discovery Place, a hands-on learning center for young visitors, from pre-schoolers to eighth graders. Children are encouraged to explore and learn in this lively hub for curious young minds.
In the Discovery Place, kids can:
- Explore, touch, observe and learn about various animals and museum objects at our new touch tables!
- Unearth dinosaur bones at a dig box.
- Look through a microscope for an up-close view of a bug's mouth, wings, and legs.
- Put together a giant puzzle of a mastodon skeleton.
- Examine real fossil and crystal specimens from the Museum's collections.
- Enjoy reading award-winning children's books.
- Design and build your own creations using wooden blocks.
The Discovery Place features something for visitors of all ages. Parents will delight in discovering alongside their children. Together they can flop down on the comfortable furniture for a story, examine bugs through magnifying lenses, follow young Rufus' adventures on the Erie Canal, play an old-fashioned game of checkers, and much more.
A visit to the Discovery Place promises fun for the entire family!