CRSP Principal Investigator
M.A., Anthropology, 1990, Washington State University
B.A., Anthropology, 1981, University of New Mexico
Lithic analysis, historic archaeology, 19th-century farmsteads, transportation and industry, mortuary analysis, Contact-period material culture, Upland Aleutian Sites, and St. Lawrence Island subsistence diggers.
Current CRSP Projects:
- Data Recovery of 1026-1028 Lincoln Ave. Utica, New York.
- Site Examination of John Olive’s Blacksmith Shop Site, Springfield Center, New York.
- Archaeological Monitoring of the Utica North-South Arterial Reconstruction Project, Utica, New York.
Current Research Projects:
- Lithic resource exploitation at the Goodyear Site, Springfield, New York.
- Industrial Archaeology at the Adirondack Iron and Steel Company’s Upper Works, Essex County, New York.
- History and Archaeology of the Thayer Homestead, Springfield, New York.
- Roadside Garbology: Archaeological Lessons from Adopt-A-Highway Clean-Up Data.
Archaeological Data Recovery Report, PIN 2134.41.321, NY 5, 8, & 12 North-South Arterial Reconstruction, 1026-1028 Lincoln Avenue Historic Archaeological Site (06540.001693), City of Utica (MCD 06540), Oneida County, New York, Cultural Resource Survey Program. New York State Museum, Albany, New York., 2021.
Visitors and Vandals — The Post-Abandonment Archaeological Record at the Adirondack Iron and Steel Company’s “New Furnace”, in: , Iron In New York. The University of the State of New York, Albany, New York, pp. 128-146., 2018.
Cultural Resources Reconnaissance Survey Report of Cove Road at Pools Brook/Erie Canal Boat Launch Site Town of Verona, (MCD 06522), Oneida County, New York. New York State Museum, Albany, New York., 2018.
Antacids for the Archaeological Soul: A Pre-Accessioning Culling Experiment. New York Archaeological Council Newsletter Spring, 20-22., 2017.
Cultural Resource Reconnaissance Survey Report, Oriskany Flats Wildlife Management Area Timber Harvest, Town of Whitestown and City of Rome, Oneida County, NY. New York State Museum, Albany, New York., 2017.
Last Gasp: The Construction, Operation, and Dissolution of the Adirondack Iron and Steel Company's "New Furnace". Northeast Historical Archaeology 45, 171-199., 2016.
Guilty Thrills: Sparks from the Past. New York Archaeological Council Newsletter Fall, 4-7., 2016.
- 1 of 9
- next ›